ESG Promotion System
Polaris has established a system to promote sustainability management on an ongoing and systematic basis. In early 2022, we appointed a Chief Sustainability Officer and launched an ESG Promotion Committee. The ESG Promotion Committee provides training and information sharing opportunities for management and investment leaders every other week, and engages in internal ESG promotion activities.
■ESG Promotion System
ESG in Investment Fund Management
We Signed the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
Polaris signed the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) (https://www.unpri.org/) in May 2016. We recognize our obligation to take a long-term perspective and pursue the best interests of our beneficiaries and believe that environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues may affect the performance of our portfolio in fulfilling our fiduciary duty. We also recognize that by applying the following principles, investors will be able to achieve broader social objectives. Therefore, to the extent that it does not violate our fiduciary duties, we have declared our commitment to the following.
《PRI’s Six Principles》
- 1. We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- 2. We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- 3. We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- 4. We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- 5. We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- 6. We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
In accordance with these six Principles, we will integrate environmental, social, and governance matters into our investment and monitoring processes, check them with our portfolio companies, and make efforts for improvement.
We received the highest score of 5 ★ in all modules, "Policy Governance and Strategy", "PE" and "Confidence building measures", in the 2023 ESG activity report.
We have formulated this policy based on the belief that the best investor returns can be achieved by respecting investor intentions in environmental, social, and governance areas. This policy applies not only to executives and employees of our Company, but also to investors and potential investees of funds managed by our Company.